Bread is a staple food for breakfast as well as for casual snacking. Bread butter, bread omelet, bread poach, bread marmalade and a host of other combos featuring bread are widely preferred by people all over the world. In fact, it is difficult to find a kitchen which does not have breads. In order to keep breads in fresh condition at all times, bread box is an essential product. Bread boxes preserve the quality of breads for long periods of time.
Breads should never be stored in plastic containers or plastic bags because plastic containers and bags cannot protect breads from moisture. The result is mold growth on the breads which renders them unsuitable for consumption. A bread box is designed to not only protect the breads against moisture but also prevent them from drying up. As a result, you get fresh and soft bread whenever you want.
Best Bread Boxes Reviews 2020
Here we will discuss the features of the 10 best selling bread boxes in the market. People who want perfect bread boxes for their kitchens will get a clear idea by going through the list of the most popular bread boxes.
1. Lipper International 8847 Bamboo Wood Bread Box with Tempered Glass Window, 15-1/2″ x 9-1/2″ x 9-3/4″
Lipper International 8847 is a bread box made of bamboo which imparts a classic look to the kitchen. The top part of the box is made of transparent acrylic which enables you to see the bread or baked goods stored in the box without opening. The flat top also provides additional storage space.
- More than enough space to store breads, pastries and other baked foodstuffs.
- Made of natural and renewable wood bamboo.
- Easily washable using soap and water.
2. Home-it Stainless Steel Bread Box
Home-it stainless steel bread box has a very sleek design which imparts a modern look to the kitchen. The box is made of polished stainless steel and has rounded corners. The swing door mechanism makes it easy to put breads in the box and take them out. The door closes to form a tight seal which does not allow moisture to damage the breads. There is also a small opening on the side of the box for ventilation.
Also Check : Best Bread Loaf Pans 2020
- High durability due to stainless steel construction.
- Large capacity to store breads and other baked products.
- Complements other stainless steel kitchenware.
3. Prep Solutions by Progressive Expandable Bread Keeper with Adjustable Air Vent
This is an innovative bread box due to a number of features. The storage space in the box can be expanded up to 11 inches to fit any sized bread, pastries and other baked products. The box also has a unique vent which can be adjusted to regulate the air flow into the box. The bread box is completely transparent which means that the bread can be viewed from outside.
- Expandable design to increase storage.
- Adjustable air vent system.
- Can be washed in dishwasher.
4. Greenco Stainless Steel Bread Bin Storage Box
Greenco stainless steel bread box is designed to store two loaves of bread and large number of rolls, cakes and buns. The box is made of 18/0 stainless steel which does not rust easily. The black plastic frame adds to the strength of the box. The door of the box has a sliding mechanism for opening and closing to load and unload breads. There are small holes at the back of the box to allow proper circulation of air which prevents mould growth.
- Generous storage space; 16.5″ width x 10″ length x 8″ heights
- 18/0 stainless steel construction.
- Keeps baked products fresh for long periods of time.
5. Creative Co-op Enameled Metal Distressed Bread Box
This bread box by Creative Co-op is made of distressed white enameled metal. The look of the bread box imparts a farmhouse or country house feeling to the kitchen. The large storage space along with great depth and extra height on the sides makes it suitable for storing large sized loaves of bread and multiple bakery products. The lid fits securely and provides complete protection against moisture.
- Handle on the lid makes it easy to lift the box while handles on both the sides make it easy to carry the box.
- Solid metal construction.
- Keeps the breads fresh for a whole week.
6. Oggi Stainless Steel Roll Top Bread Box with Tempered Glass Lid
Oggi stainless steel bread box is made of heavy duty stainless steel which makes it highly durable. The tempered glass lid is also very durable. The lid has roll-up top mechanism which makes it glide smoothly for opening and closing. The roll-up top cover also has handle to easily open and close the lid.
- Sturdy stainless steel construction.
- Rubber feet to prevent scratches on countertops.
- Sleek design blends in well in modern kitchens.
7. Betwoo Natural Wooden Roll Top Bread Box
Betwoo Natural Wooden bread box is made of a blend of bamboo and density board which makes it highly sturdy. The lid has roll top mechanism for opening and closing. A knob is present on the lid for easy opening and closing. The lid slides to the back of the box when opened and slides back to close the opening. In places with warm and humid climates, opening and closing the lid may become difficult due to expansion of bamboo. To solve this problem, wax candle should be rubbed in the grooves of the lid.
- Large storage space to store breads, bagels and other baked products.
- Elegant design.
- Easy to clean.
8. Extra Large Space Saving Vertical Bread Box
This bread box by Cooler Kitchen is made of sturdy metal while the lid is made of bamboo. The upright design of the bread box means that it does not take up much space on the counter but has enough storage space to store two loaves of bread and many kinds of other baked products. The lid is not completely airtight but allows enough air circulation to prevent the bread from getting moist and mouldy.
- Keeps breads fresh for long periods of time.
- Bamboo lid doubles up as cutting board.
- Space saving design.
9. Cookbook People Original Rolltop Bread Box
This bread box by Cookbook People is made of pure solid bamboo. The box is very sturdy and can hold up to 30lbs of weight. The lid has roll top mechanism which makes it slide to the back wall of the box when opened and slide down when closed.
- Generous storage space for breads and other baked products.
- Vintage wooden look makes for good aesthetics.
- Highly durable.
10. Brabantia Fall Front Bread Box
Brabantia Fall Front bread box is made of corrosion resistant durable materials and has a stainless steel finish. The bread box is rectangular in design with a large internal space enough to fit two loaves of bread. The flat top of the box acts as extra storage space which can be used for keeping canisters. Fall front opening ensures that the breads or other products in the box are not crushed when the lid is closed.
- Magnetic seal to ensure that the contents remain fresh for a long time.
- Hanging eyes at the back for attaching to wall or kitchen unit.
- Corrosion resistant.
Buying guide to choose a Best Bread Box in 2020
The following factors need to be considered before picking a bread box.
Material has a profound effect on the durability of the bread box and its ability to maintain the freshness of the breads. The common materials used to make bread boxes are metal, stainless steel, bamboo, ceramic and plastic. Choose a durable material but also ensure that it is able to protect the breads against moisture and mould growth. Metal and stainless steel bread boxes are not suitable for places with hot climates while bamboo bread boxes should be avoided in places with humid climates.
Also read : best bread Knife 2020
The size of the bread box depends upon the types of bread and number of loaves of bread you want to store in it. Large sized bread boxes are essential for large families consuming a lot of bread and baked products. The available counter space is also a major determinant of the size of the bread box. Upright breadboxes are suitable for limited counter spaces.
Lid type –
Bread boxes come with a number of lid types such as roll-top design, flip-down design, metal with ceramic lid, etc. Roll-top design is a favoured design because the lid does not need extra space to open. Bread boxes with lid top which also function as cutting boards are also widely favoured. Pick the lid design which suits your preference.
The bread box should have a good seal but must also allow enough air circulation to prevent mould growth on the bread. Many brands of bread boxes feature uniquely designed lids and air vents which provide superior protection against moisture and mould growth.
Bread box that you choose must be a perfect blend of functionality and style. There is no use of a bread box which appears aesthetically pleasing but does not properly fulfill its basic function. Investing in a branded bread box is beneficial because it will last long and provide total protection to your loves of bread.
- Best Bread Boxes Reviews 2020
- 1. Lipper International 8847 Bamboo Wood Bread Box with Tempered Glass Window, 15-1/2″ x 9-1/2″ x 9-3/4″
- 2. Home-it Stainless Steel Bread Box
- 3. Prep Solutions by Progressive Expandable Bread Keeper with Adjustable Air Vent
- 4. Greenco Stainless Steel Bread Bin Storage Box
- 5. Creative Co-op Enameled Metal Distressed Bread Box
- 6. Oggi Stainless Steel Roll Top Bread Box with Tempered Glass Lid
- 7. Betwoo Natural Wooden Roll Top Bread Box
- 8. Extra Large Space Saving Vertical Bread Box
- 9. Cookbook People Original Rolltop Bread Box
- 10. Brabantia Fall Front Bread Box
- Buying guide to choose a Best Bread Box in 2020
- Material –
- Size –
- Lid type –
- Performance –
- Cuisinart WAF-F20 Double Belgian Waffle Maker Review - May 16, 2020
- Waring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker Review - May 11, 2020
- Organizing a Successful Charity Bake Sale - April 28, 2020