Treat the family with some fresh Homemade Zucchini Bread made in the bread machine!
This bread has a sugary sweetness, the inviting scent of pumpkin spice & vanilla, and the refreshing flavors of zucchini. The olive oil, milk, and eggs give the bread its soft texture while the walnuts add in a lovely nuttiness.
Thankfully, making bread in the bread machine saves from all the kneading and messy kitchen clean-up. In case you notice that your bread machine makes a batter instead of dough, Don’t Panic! It’s perfectly fine and the result will be a fragrant scrumptious Zucchini Bread. Let’s get started!
How to Make Zucchini Bread in a Bread Machine?
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar + ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon each of baking powder & baking soda
- A piece of vanilla bean (2-inches)
- 5-6 Tablespoons of milk (1/3 cup)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups bread flour
- ½ teaspoon bread machine yeast (or active dry yeast)
- 1 cup fresh zucchini (shredded with skin)
- 2/3 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/3 cup raisins
Step 1: Begin by spraying the bread machine pan with non-stick cooking spray
Step 2: Next, add all the ingredients one by one into the bread machine’s pan as per the above list.
Step 3: Now, close the lid, plug in the bread machine, and press the select button for 1 Pound Loaf, Medium-Crust, and ‘Wheat Bread Cycle’ setting.
Step 4: After the loaf of bread has finished cooking, do the skewer test to check its doneness.
- Poke a wooden skewer half-way through the loaf and pull it out. If the skewer comes out clean with zero-stickiness then the loaf is done.
- If the skewer seems sticky then let the loaf sit covered for a few more minutes in the bread machine. Another trick is to select the “warming cycle” for 20-25 minutes.
Step 5: Once the loaf is done, take out the bread pan and flip the bread onto a wire rack to let it cook at room temperature.
Finally, slice and enjoy your fresh homemade Zucchini bread with your favorite spreads, tea/coffee, soups or curries.
Here’s a run-down of the nutritional information for a slice of bread weighing 28.35grams (1-ounce):-
- Calorie Content: 123 (38% derived from fat)
- Cholesterol: 27grams
- Carbohydrates: 17grams
- Calcium: 15grams
- Fat: 5grams
- Protein: 2grams
- Saturated Fat: 1gram
- Fiber: 1gram
- Sodium: 125miligram
Ways to Enjoy Your Zucchini Bread in Bread Machine
- While your bread is warm, add a dollop of butter, and rub it on top. It makes the zucchini bread so yummy!
- Chocolate lovers can swap walnuts & raisins with Chocó chips. Just make sure to add them at the last ingredient into the bread machine pan.
- Zucchini bread tastes fabulous both warm & chilled. To relish cool slices simply refrigerate the loaf for 25-30 minutes.
- Cheesy Italian Aromatic Herb Bread; Nutty Banana Bread; Brioche; Hawaiian Style Bread; Chocolate Bread; and White Sandwich Bread are some delectable bread recipes you can try in the bread machine.
Best Bread Maker for Zucchini Bread
The Zojirushi BB-CEC20 tops the list of bread-makers with its overall feature. Its dual blades knead the dough quite well thereby making premium-quality bread. You’ll get an evenly baked zucchini bread owing to the machine’s heater on the lid. Also, it’s quick baking cycle helps make a loaf within 2 hours.