Treat the family with some homemade Zucchini Bread made in your own bread machine! You don’t even need an oven to make this bread. But what’s so special about this type of bread?
Zucchine bread is a very sweet and sugary bread. With its unique flavors of zucchini, pumpkin spice & vanilla it will be your new favorite bread machine recipe. The olive oil, milk, and eggs give the bread its soft texture while the walnuts add in a lovely nuttiness.
Thankfully, making bread in the bread machine saves from all the kneading and messy kitchen clean-up. In case you notice that your bread machine makes a batter instead of dough, Don’t Panic! It’s perfectly fine and the result will be a fragrant scrumptious Zucchini Bread. Let’s get started!
How to Make Zucchini Bread in a Bread Machine?
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar + ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon each of baking powder & baking soda
- A piece of vanilla bean (2-inches)
- 5-6 Tablespoons of milk (1/3 cup)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups bread flour
- ½ teaspoon bread machine yeast (or active dry yeast)
- 1 cup fresh zucchini (shredded with skin)
- 2/3 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/3 cup raisins
Step 1: Begin by spraying the bread machine pan with non-stick cooking spray
Step 2: Next, add all the ingredients one by one into the bread machine’s pan as per the above list.
Step 3: Now, close the lid, plug in the bread machine, and press the select button for 1 Pound Loaf, Medium-Crust, and ‘Wheat Bread Cycle’ setting.
Step 4: After the loaf of bread has finished cooking, do the skewer test to check its doneness.
- Poke a wooden skewer half-way through the loaf and pull it out. If the skewer comes out clean with zero-stickiness then the loaf is done.
- If the skewer seems sticky then let the loaf sit covered for a few more minutes in the bread machine. Another trick is to select the “warming cycle” for 20-25 minutes.
Step 5: Once the loaf is done, take out the bread pan and flip the bread onto a wire rack to let it cook at room temperature.
Finally, slice and enjoy your fresh homemade Zucchini bread with your favorite spreads, tea/coffee, soups or curries.
Here’s a run-down of the nutritional information for a slice of bread weighing 28.35grams (1-ounce):-
- Calorie Content: 123 (38% derived from fat)
- Cholesterol: 27grams
- Carbohydrates: 17grams
- Calcium: 15grams
- Fat: 5grams
- Protein: 2grams
- Saturated Fat: 1gram
- Fiber: 1gram
- Sodium: 125miligram
Ways to Enjoy Your Zucchini Bread in Bread Machine
- While your bread is warm, add a dollop of butter, and rub it on top. It makes the zucchini bread so yummy!
- Chocolate lovers can swap walnuts & raisins with Chocó chips. Just make sure to add them at the last ingredient into the bread machine pan.
- Zucchini bread tastes fabulous both warm & chilled. To relish cool slices simply refrigerate the loaf for 25-30 minutes.
- Cheesy Italian Aromatic Herb Bread; Nutty Banana Bread; Brioche; Hawaiian Style Bread; Chocolate Bread; and White Sandwich Bread are some delectable bread recipes you can try in the bread machine.
Best Bread Maker for Zucchini Bread
The Zojirushi BB-CEC20 tops the list of bread-makers with its overall feature. Its dual blades knead the dough quite well thereby making premium-quality bread. You’ll get an evenly baked zucchini bread owing to the machine’s heater on the lid. Also, it’s quick baking cycle helps make a loaf within 2 hours.