If you are looking for a product that will make sure your bread has a good crust color as well as a crispy texture, look no further than the Cuisinart convection bread maker. This very efficient product puts many bread makers on the market to shame because it has some amazing features. This article will explore its pros and cons before a conclusion is made.
Product Overview: Cuisinart CBK-200
Before looking at the benefits and drawbacks of the Cuisinart convection bread maker, it is important to know what it brings to the table. Features are what make it stand out from the rest and one has to do their research on product features before buying a product. When it comes to this machine, below are some of its important features:
- It has a convection fan – This fan ensures that temperature remains consistent, faster baking time and bread that looks evener.
- Audible tones – The machine has a few audible signals which will let you know when it is time to add the mix and when your baking is finished.
- 3 different sizes of baking – The sizes you can bake in are 1 pound, 1.5 pound and 2 pounds,
- Crust color options – There are three color options to choose from which are light, medium and dark
- 16 menu settings – Some of the menu settings on this bread maker include gluten-free, wheat bread, 3 different crust options, low-carb and more.
- Glass view – This allows you to see your bread baking without having to lift the lid.
- Power failure backup – If the power goes out while this bread maker is baking, it will carry on baking for 15 minutes thanks to this feature.
What you get when you buy the Cuisinart Convection Bread Maker
If you are a first-time bread baker, the good news is this machine comes with an instruction manual, a measuring cup, and a measuring spoon. When the instruction manual is reversed, it is a recipe booklet which gives you a step by step guide in making good quality bread.
You have to make sure that you read this manual/ booklet carefully before you use this machine because all the key features are clearly explained as well as the types of bread you can make.
This manual/booklet also has troubleshooting tips in case the machine malfunctions while you are using it, what ingredients to use to make gluten-free free as well as many other useful tips.
- Incredible design – Made from stainless steel and a box shape, this bread maker is very durable. Anything that is placed in the kitchen needs to be durable and this product not only looks amazing but will last a very long time.
- Comes with accessories: This bread maker comes with a measuring cup and measuring spoon to ensure you put the right amount of ingredients into your mixer. This allows you to produce good quality bread all the time and as an added little bonus, you also get an instructions manual with a recipe booklet. Such accessories are helpful for anyone who is a novice.
- Lightweight – Very heavy Machines can be very difficult to work with especially if you have to move them around. When compared to other bread makers on the market, this one is a very light machine and makes taking pantry in and out very easy. There are not many bread makers on the market as light as this one and it is worth every penny.
- You can make gluten-free bread – This bread maker has a gluten-free option on the menu for anyone who would like to make gluten-free bread
- Has a removable lid and non-stick pan – Cleaning up after baking is something that many people don’t look forward to but thankfully, this bread maker has a removable lid and non-stick pan. You can easily take both of these out of the machine and wash them effortlessly
- Has some handles – There are some handles on the side of this bread maker making it easy for you to lift and move it if you need to. A bread maker that doesn’t have handles is very hard to work with because you have to lift it from the bottom to move it. This can be unsafe if one isn’t careful and that is why this bread maker has an edge over some of the market because of the handles.
- Bread maker is a bit noisy – The first major drawback of this product is the noise. It can get noisy during the mixing and kneading process. This can be annoying for some people. If you are looking for a bread machine that is quiet when it’s baking, this is not for you.
- Confusing recipe booklet and manual – Since both of these are combined and printed side by side, it can be confusing for certain people to read both the recipes and instruction.
- The LED screen is very small – The LED screen is not backlit and very small making it very hard for people to read. This can be challenging for people who have poor eyesight.
- Buttons not properly space out – The buttons on this bread maker are not properly spaced out or laid out properly. It can be confusing for some people and does take some time to get used to everything.
After writing the Cuisinart CBK 100 review, there was no doubt that Cuisinart convection bread makers are excellent products. Especially when compared to many other machines on the market. Its newer brother, the Cuisinart CBK 200, is stylish, sleek and produces good quality bread at all times. While the dark color option might make your bread appear a bit darker, there is no denying it is one of the best bread makers on the market. It comes with handles, it is super lightweight and has a gluten-free option.