If you are on the market for a bread maker, then you will find the Rosewill R-BM-01 a cheaper option compared to other brands. The brand itself is not very known for making bread makers (they manufacture computer accessories and amplifiers), but you will not be disappointed when you buy this model.
This bread maker can create either a 1.5-pound or 2-pound square loaf, which is different in size and weight to the bread loaves you are familiar with. Other than this, you can expect almost the same features and settings as other bread makers out there.
Upon unpacking, you will find it to be a bit on the large side. It has a dome shape and a nice white color. In the front is a small LCD display with all the info you require. At the top is a window to allow you to look into the bread as it bakes.
Product Review: Rosewill R-BM-01
The idea of the Rosewill R-BM-01 bread maker, much like others out there, is to make it easy for you to create your own bread. With its 12 pre-programmed settings, you can decide what kind of bread you desire. There is a setting for basic bread, for whole wheat, French, sweet, cake, jam, dough, and sandwich. There are also options for quick and 2 ultra-fast programs.
If you prefer to set the machine the night before and wake up to freshly-baked bread, then you will find the 13-hour delay setting very useful. But take note that you should not add any fresh ingredients like milk, eggs or butter as it can spoil overnight. You will also not be able to add any nuts during the process unless you are awake by the time you are prompted to add them.
There are three-crust settings you can choose from, light, medium, and dark. To achieve the right crustiness and color, make sure you study and follow the recipe booklet and put the machine on the right crust setting.
Another interesting feature available is the 60-minute keep-warm setting. This is also very handy if you want to bake during your sleep and wake up to warm and newly-baked bread.
An advantage of this machine is that the pan is dishwasher safe, so you do not need to worry about the base of the bread pan becoming damaged or compromised when you put it in the machine. Plus, no more washing it by hand!
Rosewill R-BM-01 Rating
|Quality of Bread|
|TOTAL SCORE:||4.1 / 5|
If you are looking for a cheap alternative that makes quality bread than take a look at the Rosewill Bread Machines. You will definitely have a unique bread maker that not many people have.
Pros and Cons of the Rosewill R-BM-01
- It is the cheapest bread maker out there, which is good for those who want to try out bread making without investing in an expensive machine.
- You have an option between baking a 1.5 or a 2-pound loaf.
- The delayed timer and the keep-warm function ensure that you have your bread hot and ready to eat whenever you want it.
- The various settings mean you can create many different kinds of bread, even deciding how the crust should be.
- The baking pan is not just removable, but it is also dishwasher-safe. Say goodbye to washing the baking pan every day by hand!
- Other reviews praise the durability of the machine, despite its low price tag.
- It comes with a 1-year limited warranty and a 90-day warranty on labor and parts.
- The loaf does not come in the traditional shape and looks more square than rectangle.
- The machine is quite heavy and still tends to move on specific countertops (if it is on top of an uneven surface) during the kneading cycle.
- The digital display is small and has no backlight.
- The viewing window is not lighted so you might need a flashlight to see the progress of the bread you are baking.
- While it has a setting for Whole Wheat, it cannot make 100% whole wheat bread.
- It does not have a gluten-free setting.
- The crust ends up harder and thicker compared to other models, so it is best to use the light crust setting all the time.
Rosewill R-BM-01 Features Overview
Ordinary and Quick Baking Time
The normal time required to bake bread is 3 hours, but if you do not have much time, you have a choice between 3 faster baking settings (Quick, Ultra Fast-I, and Ultra Fast-II).
The delay timer allows you to prepare all ingredients (so long as it is non-perishable) the night before and let the machine start preparing and baking while you still sleep. You will wake up to the smell of freshly baked bread for breakfast.
Keep Warm Function
Just in case the bread finishes baking before you are ready to eat, you can switch on the keep-warm function so your bread stays perfect when you want to eat. It can be set to a maximum of 60 minutes.
Various Crust Settings
You can choose between light, medium, and dark.
Choose between one of the 12 settings: Basic, Whole Wheat, French, Sweet, Quick, Ultra Fast-I, Ultra Fast-II, Dough, Cake, Jam, Sandwich, and Bake.
You can monitor the progress of your bread through the viewing window at the top of the machine.
And if these features are not enough, then there is also the recipe book that is included. You can get tons of ideas from it to create delicious bread for your Rosewill R-BM-01 Bread Maker.
The price of the Rosewill R-BM-01 Bread Maker might be attractive for beginners, but do not ever think that experienced users will not love this machine. It is affordable, easy to use, and straightforward. Cleaning it is a breeze and its extra features mean you do not have to get up at 5 in the morning just to switch on the bread maker.
For this price, it has its limitations, like no special settings that appeal to specific users (gluten-free or whole wheat). A lighted viewing window would also be a great addition. Despite these cons, it is a bread maker anyone will love and with its lower price tag, many people will not have to think twice about investing in it.